SODA SLOPE frameset, available with air shock
The Soda Slope is a radical bike for big moves that takes over where dirt jumping hardtails are not enough. It's most important feature is that it enables true singlespeed setups with no chain tensioners or standard derailleur / single front ring setups.
It is exceptionally nimble and manoeuvrable with one of the shortest chainstays we have ever seen on production full suspension bikes. The Soda Slope was designed to feel just like a Majesty dirt-jump frame but with a safety valve in the rear end for big hits and high speed runs. We also tested the Slope in a more traditional DH environment, and found that with a longer fork (around 160mm) it can actually ride surprisingly well. Even thought he travel is short, the quality of the ride was great.
The frame is really very stiff torsionally - we have been throwing 180's and 360's for days on end and experienced absolutely no problems. The suspension didn't hamper our test riders who could pull off just about every street trick that they could do on their hardtails.
We uses a custom tubeset developed specially for this frame, to achieve the best performance, durability and aesthetics. You won't find any ugly external gussets on the Soda Slope. We blended in an array of beautifully cnc'd parts, each one optimised for weight and strength. You will find an internal headset and tapered headtube for low stack height and stiffness.
In the rear end you will find a 4-bar linkage that gives several advantages:
- lateral stiffness of the rear end of the bike
- minimised side loads on the shock, eliminating excessive shock wear and friction
- an optimised shock rate curve.
Designed to run with air shocks and very little or even no sag for street / dirt, or with standard sag settings (around 25-30%) for a more conventional feel.
- 107mm (4.2”) rear wheel travel
- Pivot around BB allowing true singlespeed setups
- A6061-T6 custom formed and butted tubes
- Smooth ‘double pass' welding in critical areas
- Weight (w/o shock): ~3.2kg / 7 lbs
- Rear shock: 190x50mm (7.5 x 2.0”)
- Head tube: tapered 1.5 ZS (56mm ID/44mm ID), 115mm stack height
- Fits forks with standard 1-1/8” or tapered 1.5 - 1-1/8” steertubes
- Rear hub: 135x10mm, suggested bolt-on hubs, IS-2000 disk brake mount
- BB: standard mtb english 1.37x24tpi, 73mm wide, ISCG-05 mounts
- Rear derailleur: optional hanger included
- Front derailleur: not compatible
- Seat post/clamp: 30.9mm / 34.9mm
- Max tire: 26 x 2.4”
Geometry with 525mm axle to crown forks (~140mm travel):
Top tube actual: 540mm (21.25”), effective: 553mm (21.8”)
Chainstay min 390mm (15.3") - 407mm (16")
Seat tube: 348mm (13.7”)
Head tube angle: 68°
Seat tube angle: 73°*
Bottom bracket height: +11mm (+0.4”) / ~351mm (~13.8”)
Wheelbase (min): 1070mm (42.1”)
* the actual seat tube angle is around 1.0° slacker than quoted due to specific seat tube shape and it's offset position; the numbers quoted show the equivalent for a traditional frame
Available with shocks:
Rock Shox Monarch R